Apr 18, 2017
Apr 11, 2017
My simple basic formula because outfits that we like are not always easy to recreate. Sometimes you just need good old basics. Sometimes you need to respect that dress code. Sometimes you just want to look put together and don't complicate things. Sometimes less is truly more.
beige: trench coat
white: shirt + trousers
black: bag + shoes
brown: sunglasses + watch
Apr 7, 2017
The other day I saw a documentary about pandas and there was this baby panda tumbling and playing over and over again. It was one those moments when I wondered why us adults often forget to have fun and take things less seriously? I'm wearing this panda sweatshirt to remind me of that playful spirit. We should all keep it and cherish it because life doesn't have to be so serious and terrifying all the time...
Apr 4, 2017
1. Fuerteventura is the second largest island of Canary Islands. Although it formally belongs to Spain, it's very close to Morocco and Sahara Desert. That's the main reason why most of the island is covered with sand.
2. This wild beauty was formed 20 millions years ago with volcanic eruptions that joined two islands (in the part of La Pared - The Wall - the big rock in the ocean that you can see on one of the photos).
3. The name Fuerteventura has different meanings such as: "strong winds", "strong fortune" and "great adventure".
4. With 3000 hours of sunshine per year and over 150 beaches is one of the most popular turistic destinations. You can enjoy great weather all year around. These beaches are considered "European Carribean".
5. Fuerteventura is a surfing and water sports paradise. It's the second most important world destination when it comes to windsurf. The first one is Hawaii.
6. The first settler came from North of Africa and were called Maho, like a type of goatskin shoe. Speaking about the goats, there are more goats than people on the island and if you ask me, there are even more squirrels which are easily spotted even on the beach and all the places where you least expect them.
7. Fuerteventura has the largest Aloe Vera Barbadensis plantation in Europe.
8. Due to its spectacular nature and wild landscapes, Canary Islands are one of the most popular movie shooting destinations. Fuerteventura "played" the role in movies such as Planet of the Apes (1968) and Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014).
9. Travel tip: there are plenty of cheap flights from major low cost companies, especially if you come from other parts of Spain, but also from many European cities. If you want to save some cash, avoid the high season, such as summer and winter. If you're only interested in beach, you won't regret it, but if you're like me and always infected by a travel bug, do rent a car and explore the island. There is so much to see and experience.
10. Shall we go to the desert? Join me below on this virtual trip to National Park of Dunas de Corralejo, one of the "must-see" places if you decide to visit the island. It's in the northern part of the island and close to the airport and the capital of Puerto del Rosario.
I hope you enjoyed discovering Fuerteventura with me and that maybe you can considered it for a vacation. If you missed my previous posts from the islands, you can find them here:
1. Everything you can imagine is real
2. Explore. Dream. Discover
3. Is it a mirage?
© Fashion Abejita | All rights reserved.